The carrot is one of the most common and appreciated vegetable, and for a good reason. Carrots taste delicious, they are sweet with a nice crunch and carry so many wonderful health advantages.
They are actually alkalizing, cleansing, nourishing and stimulating to almost every system in the body.
Here are some advantages:
Top 7 benefits of carrots!
- One of the best detoxifiers when consumed in quantity.
- One of the best foods for the liver and digestive tract. Easily digestible for those who suffer from stomach and intestinal problems.
- Good for diarrhea. High fiber promotes regularity and prevents constipation.
- Protects against cancer. Rich in beta carotene, which is a precursor to vitamin A; an antioxidant, which fights free radicals. Beta carotene helps to produce natural killer cells that fight cancer.
- Contains large amounts of silicon – which strengthens connective tissue.
- Lots of potassium for diuretic action.
- And pectin to reduce blood cholesterol.
is excellent for liver rejuvenation and cleansing. It is more medicinal when taken on an empty stomach.
Whole carrots (includes grated ones as well) do not raise blood sugar, because the fibers slow digestion. Juice on the other hand is a refined food. It is a liquid form of simple sugars, and it does raise blood sugar. So when giving carrot juice to children, remember to dilute.
Have some carrots today! They are sweet, alkaline, and warming.
Do you like carrots?
And do you juice them as well?