On Valentine’s Day we celebrate love.
How wonderful, a whole day to celebrate love for one another, animals, nature and even to food!
Red is the color of love, like in giving and receiving red roses, decorate with little red hearts, etc. But red is also the color for our lowest chakra, the root chakra, which keeps us grounded and balanced. And it could be a good thing to be balanced when we are crazy in love and up in the clouds, isn’t it?
Green is the healing color and also the color for the heart chakra.
Pink is also this chakra’s color.
So what is better suited than a salad made of colors for love? And shaped like a heart too! Green, red and pink!
Coarsely ground black pepper
1. Finely chop the onion, drizzle oil and stir. Set aside.
2. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and place on a plate in the shape of a heart.
3. Chop small tomatoes coarsely and drain in a colander. Fill the “heart”.
4. Place basil leaves around the “heart”.
5. Add onion on top of the tomatoes, shaped like a little heart.
6. Grind pepper and drizzle olive oil over.
7. When it is time to eat, pour into serving bowl, gently stir to mix and garnish with capers if you like.
Add love when you prepare foods and have a Happy Heart Day!