Do you find pineapple too sour? A bit astringent maybe? Well here is a way to make your dish sweeter:
Just use the bottom half of the pineapple!
Yes, try this trick and be amazed.
1 pear, cored, in chunks
½ small Romaine lettuce, torn to smaller pieces
A handful of grapes
5-7 Brazil nuts
2 tablespoons chia seeds
Optional topping: grapes, nuts etc.
- Cut the pineapple in half. Use the bottom half of the fruit; and peel, remove the core and cut into chunks. Place in food processor. Save the other half for topping, smoothie etc.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Chop until well mixed, but still rather chunky. You may have to scrape down the sides now and then.
- Place in servingbowl(s) and decorate if you like.
1. There will be a lot of juice from the pineapple. The chia seeds will soak up quite a bit, but if you still find the dish too wet after 15-20 minutes, just pour out as much juice as you like. Use in a smoothie or drink as is.
2. Substitute almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts etc.
Do you like pineapple or do you find it too sour?
Would love to hear from you!