16 small or 10 large
Do you enjoy the flavor of oranges and chocolate? Here is the “raw” version.
Store them in an airtight container in the freezer. They will keep for weeks and are still chewy even when frozen.
1 cup nuts, mix of cashews and macadamias
3-4 large fresh dates (Medjool) or 7- 8 small, pitted (1/3 cup)
¼ cup raisins
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon orange zest (firmly packed)
½ tablespoon orange juice or water and essential orange oil
- If the dates are dry, let them soak 15-20 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients. Drain, but keep soak water for a smoothie if you like.
- In a food processor rough chop the nuts. Place a third to half of the mix on a plate (for garnish). Continue processing remaining nuts to smallest pieces.
- Add dates, raisins, cacao and zest. Process until even, smooth and fairly soft.
- Add juice and process until the mixture forms into a ball.
- Remove and roll into little fudge balls. Roll in the chopped nuts.
Juice the whole orange and drink while you are fixing in the kitchen. Add the date soak water if you like.
Do you have a favorite chocolate ball?