This really green mole is a version of the popular Mexican dish: mole poblano, but made with sweet peas instead.
Serve the spread as dip with crudités, on crackers or as topping in your favorite wraps.
Raw pea hummus or mash, fresh and yummy!
¾ cup cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
½ tablespoon lime zest
1 cup fresh peas (or frozen and thawed)
Celtic (or other sun-dried) sea salt and fresh ground pepper to your liking
Optional: ½ -1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. In a food processor chop cilantro (until fine).
2. Add lime juice, zest, peas and oil if using. Pulse until well mixed, but still somewhat chunky.
3. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- If you double the recipe, it might be easier to chop in the food processor; especially if your cup is large.
- How to pod fresh sweet green peas http://onthelime.com/sweet-green-peas/