Chocolate as in the color of the peel. Not as in chocolate tasting oranges.
Sweet and Juicy
These oranges have a low acidity level and a high content of fruit juice, which makes them very sweet and juicy.
So is there a hint of chocolate?
No, not at all. The fruit has a sweet flavor just like a regular orange. The name only refers to the slightly dark brown color of the peel. Sometimes shifting a bit to green.
But do add some raw chocolate such as nibs or other pieces and you get a great taste combo – orange and cacao!
The season in Europe is very short – from Christmas to mid or late January. Do hurry, so you don’t miss out on the aromatic chocolate oranges this season. By the way my oranges ín the pictures came from Spain.
This is what Anthony William
has to say about oranges and small citrus fruits (clementines, blood oranges, mandarins, minneolas):
- These citrus fruits are life-giving and should be the basis of our diet.
- They are rich in a form of bioactive calcium that cannot be obtained from any other source.
- Due to their content of glutathione, flavonoids and limonoids, they have the ability to fight viruses, protect the body from radiation damage and render toxic heavy metals harmless in the system.
- Juice from an orange or small citrus is like liquid sunlight. May disperse your gloom, and grief, and spread light over your life. Perfect when you have a lack of sunlight and feel lonely. Oranges pull out the cold and instead fill you with warmth.
- In order to optimally benefit from the advantages of oranges and small citrus, eat four a day.
Let me know your thoughts on
the oranges with the chocolate colored peel?