I was flipping channels and came upon someone stirring a jug filled with lime slices, watermelon chunks and some green stuff! Right up my alley I thought, so I stayed to find out what the green stuff actually was.
It happened to be cute Jamie Oliver stirring and saying that the few basil leaves really made a difference. “Great, I thought, and since I happen to have all the ingredients at home, I’ll make me some of this refreshing water the next morning”. And I did.
I love adding herbs and fruits/berries, cucumbers etc. to water. They might not give a whole lot of flavor, but still enough to make the water more interesting to drink. And they make it look pretty too.
Warm summer days are perfect for “interesting” water since we need to drink more.
You will need
1 slice of watermelon
A few basil leaves
This is what I did
1. I finely sliced lime and placed them in the jug. The end parts I squeezed into the jug, so make sure they are a bit thick to give more juice.
2. Then I cut watermelon into little triangles and one of the triangles I grated over the jug. The juice will nicely flavor the water.
3. Took some basil leaves off the plant and just crumbled and tore a bit and in they went.
4. Poured water into the jug and stirred to mix.
5. And before serving added lots of ice cubes.
Substitute with strawberries if you like!